We have an exciting and event filled couple of weeks coming up! Jon and I leave today for our yearly parent-only trip, or as Jon likes to call it, our "couples therapy". This is the first time in a long time that we will not be going to Hawaii, in fact, it's about as opposite from Hawaii that you can get. We are headed to . . .
Everyone keeps asking, "WHY Finland?" So I'll answer that question. When I was 14 we lived in Finland for a school year on a Fulbright scholarship. I have always wanted to go back since I've kept in touch with some of the "kids" I knew while living there and now the time has come! We are having a class reunion, so we decided to make the pilgrimage back and we are really excited, but also scared of the cold! Jon is very excited to eat all sorts of forest game (Bear is at the top of his list) so it's going to be an interesting and fun trip. While we are there, we are also going to be celebrating our 14th anniversary! I can't believe it's been that long! Here is a picture from right after being married, back when we were "young" as Grace said.
3 comments:
Jon looks younger, but you have not aged one bit!! Have fun in Finland!
Have fun in Suomi!
Jenny & Jon, we are so excited and happy to have you stay with us. Hope you'll have an awesome vacation here in Finland! And also that the weather will remain like it is (sunny and dry). Enjoy!
Love, Timo, Kiia & Jarna
Post a Comment