Sunday, September 28, 2008

SUOMI



Moi! We made it to Suomi safe and sound and other than "sleeping" every night for 15 hours we've been having lot's of fun and eating a lot of good food. This picture above is a berry stand that had about 15 different kinds of berries and I loved the Finnish flag stuck in the strawberries.

My friend who we're staying with, Jarna and Timo took us to a very Finnish restaurant called Zetor. Jon and Timo had reindeer (I'm sure that was just the first of many reindeer dishes) and Jarna and I had  fish. I didn't know it when I ordered my plate, that Vandace was a little small fish, so I got a pile of little fish, some mashed potatoes and pickled beets! Jarna is actually always smiling, but I think she was giving Jon some attitude!


We headed down to Helsinki again for a Design Market which was part of Design week and we found some really cool stuff. Jon was in heaven. I was just glad we made it there by ourselves without getting lost!

We went to the open air market in Helsinki harbor where we had some lunch - the fish plate which came with more little vandance, a salmon patty, potatoes and veggies. 

This is looking across the harbor . . . 
Next we went to Helsinki's famous landmark - the Dome of Helsinki, a very pretty Lutheran church. The one on the right is the view from the front doors looking out. See the cruise ships in the back in Helsinki harbor?

Now I'm off to bed. Hopefully it will only be a 13 or 14 night!

2 comments:

Jarna said...

Ok ok, I should smile more in the pictures!!

Sarah said...

I love the pictures! It's so good to see Jarna. Tell her hi.