We are hunkering down at home to ride Ike out. We are in a No Evacuation Zone which means we're suppose to stay put so we don't clog the freeway for those who are in Evacuation Zones trying to get out. I'm posting this in case our power goes out tonight. We are starting to get some wind and rain. Things have died down now in comparison to the maelstrom of yesterday when the roads around us were like parking lots and the lines to get gas were 1/2 a mile long. Yesterday was pandemonium eerie and today is ghost town eerie.
This morning after hearing clanging and banging in the kitchen for awhile, I came to investigate and Collin (with Grace as his Sous Chef) had Snickerdoodles in the oven just ready to come out!! Like a true male Bybee, he had dirtied every counter space and dish in the house but I got a good laugh and maybe a little teary-eyed over the cookies. See my bread maker in the back of Collin? We've made a few batches to last us over the next few days.
The one gas station around us that is open or at least has gas . . . which has gone up about 30 cents since yesterday when the whole town was a parking lot. The only other places open are the video stores and pizza places.
Hopefully we'll be posting soon with some good news!
4 comments:
We're praying for you!
I have been thinking about you all day since I heard earlier that Houston area will be hit hard. Keep us posted when you can.
Be brave! We'll rhink of what your going through now when our first snow storm hits! ;)
Hi Jenny, Jon, Collin and Grace, hopefully you are fine and safe. We are thinking of You all!! Hope to hear from you soooooon.
Post a Comment