Friday, August 15, 2008

Good Things Provo

Ok, I know I live in Houston, but Jon is in Provo this weekend  "on business", so I guess that got me thinking of my favorites in Provo and what I would do if I were there too. Other than hanging out with our families, which is my real favorite thing to do, eating wise, my perfect day in Provo would be to go to lunch at our favorite place:

                                                      

In case you didn't know, there is a huge debate between Bajio's and their competitor, Cafe Rio. Almost everyone else in my fam likes Cafe Rio better, but we are die-hard Bajios people. I'd order my "usual", the Veggie Ensalada Bajio. Half a scoop of sweet rice, extra black beans, corn, onions, tomatillo sauce (I could drink that stuff straight up), extra lettuce, "pico" and of course, a few lime wedges. (I know you all wanted to know that!) YUM! My mouth is watering. After lunch I'd drive up canyon and go for a walk or up to Squaw Peak etc.  Dinner would be a hard choice . . . there's always the old stand by, Bombay House and their wonderful "Hershey Kiss shaped things filled with potatoes and peas" (as Grace describes Samosas - her favorite). Lately the Happy Sumo has sounded really good too. Maybe it's a good thing I'm not there . . . too many choices. 

4 comments:

Teresa said...

um, Bajio is the best!

Emily said...

I am all about the bajio but gar is obsessed with cafe rio. i have been there so much now that I basically hate the rio. So he has officially ruined it and I will continue to forever be a die hard BAJIO fan!

La La Land said...

Bajio is good, but I still love Cafe Rio the best. I craved it all day long when I was pregnant. Good thing there wasn't one in California!

Michelle said...

I still love Cafe Rio but I've never had Bajio's! I agree about Bombay house there is nothing like it- every place I've been to outside the state doesn't even compare as far as all of Bombay's dishes being sooo good.