Saturday, August 23, 2008

Beach Tales aka Human Antidote

So, "back in the day" when Jon and I were first married every Thursday we had "Thursday night line up" with our friends Holly and Keith Raab and/or Joz and Seth. I have no short term memory, or long term for that matter after having kids, but I have vast stores of useless trivia stuck in my brain. In one episode of one of our favorite shows they went to the beach and one of the girls got stung by a jellyfish. The guy with her said that he had seen on the Discovery Channel that if you urinate on the area that got stung, it would take the pain/sting away so they tried it and it worked. We have joked about that for years when we've seen jellyfish at the beach. Well, back in June we were at the beach down in Surfside and I guess the jellyfish were breeding or something because the ocean was swarming with them. Grace started screaming and crying and came running up to us saying that a jellyfish had stung her. We were so glad watching sitcoms had prepared us for this crisis. Jon got a water bottle and produced some "human antidote" in the car which we administered to Grace's wound. It worked!


A few minutes later we heard screaming again, this time from Collin. Jon gave him the water bottle and had him go produce his own "antidote" which Collin pretended to think was so embarrassing. 



We all KNOW he thought it was the coolest thing ever to get permission to . . . you know . . . AND to pour it on his foot. 

5 comments:

SweetmamaK said...

Love it!!!! Hey you know that Meat tenderizer or toothpaste works too!

Emily said...

I'm glad that was an adventure but that is still SUPER disgusting. I would have just suffered through the pain!

La La Land said...

I love it!!!

Highlights said...

Go Friends! That's hillarious!! I'm glad you didn't have to shave your head though Jenny. Wasn't that from the same episode?

Yennigirl said...

Oh, you saw that same episode!! HA! I wondered if anyone would know what I was talking about!