Yes, the rumors are true. We are homeschooling this year. So now we're LDS, mostly vegetarian, AND homeschoolers. No, I'm not going to grow my hair to my knees and keep it in one long braid. Yes, I am the one who vehemently said she would NEVER homeschool. And no, I am not anti-public school. If we were still in Provo, my kids would still be going to Freedom Academy. Things are different here and the school we are zoned for isn't the best, nor is the environment.
We are still working some of the kinks out, but I think we made the right choice to do this. I love when Grace says "I love homeschool. I love to spend all day with mom." Collin loves that we don't have to get up at 6:30 am anymore (that's one of MY favorite parts too), and that he can "scooter" most of the day.
Let the adventures begin!!
9 comments:
I was homeschooled almost all of my life, and I loved it. My brother and I got to do our school at our own pace, and we had plenty of time to rest and play. I'm in college now, and I've had no problem transitioning at all (the rumors that home schooled kids have no social skill is obviously an untrue one, haha).
My mom was never an organized homeschooler, neither were we really weird, like the stereotypical home schooling family. Oh and by the way, I am not some anti-public school freak...although I've always thought a lot of home schooling. It will give you a chance to get closer to your children. Good luck!
I always said I would home school, and especially now that we live where we do...
My problem is I have found out my son and I cannot stand eachother all day long!
WOW!!! I'm impressed, you never cease to amaze me! Call me if you do a field trip. My kids would love to be home schooled and I would love to not get up early- Robert would never go for it! I know I'd be more creative than most of the teachers they've had!
Homeschooling does not make you or your kids creepy! You are going to be a great teacher for them. And you are brave since I'm pretty sure I can't be patient enough with my kids to undertake their education.
I very seriously admire you for this feat you are accomplishing.
Thanks for all the encouragement guys! Kareena, you have more creativity than most everyone - not just teachers! And don't be fooled, I don't have more patience now, I have just been preparing all summer. It's getting better every day, so let's hope it stays that way.
I too am amazed that you have the courage to take this on! I think you are the perfect "type" of person to do homeschooling. Don't worry, we know you're not wacky...
Jenny,
If you find stuff that you like let me know. I'm always looking for new stuff. Jeffrey saw your blog and said, oh, I miss them so much. No one can ever replace Collin and Grace for Jeffrey and Brianna!
Hey Jenny, Do you remember me from Provo? I just moved in your ward not too long before you moved to Texas. I found you on the Winter's website. I am excited that you are homeschooling. We have done it from the beginning and mostly I like it. (except when I have pms ;) ) Good luck with it!
Post a Comment