Monday, August 18, 2008

The Bybees


In case you're wondering about the picture in our new header, I will explain. Last year Collin came up to me and said, "what do you think?" I looked over and he had drawn this picture of our family and I LOVE it. I framed it and the other day thought you (the 3 people who read this blog) would like it too, so I put in on here. 

Jon - I love the real life hair and 'burns. You might not be able to tell, but Jethro is there too. He is also holding an Izze, which is carbonated juice, in one hand and a Dunny in the other. A Dunny is basically little toys with a big price tag that Jon collects. He also really does wear his belt that way with the shirt tucked in just in the front. And the shoes are his favorite Sanuk's. 
Collin- he is wearing his favorite outfit complete with his holey jeans. He is also holding a Bionicle box in one hand and a Dunny in the other and striking a cool pose. He always draws his hair spiked up because that's how he wants it to be, but alas, he has too much curl in it for it to spike properly.
Me - I like my sporty 'do and my Roxy shirt. I am holding a huge salad in one hand with a cupcake coming off it (it's right under Grace's chin). In the other it's either a spoon or a chocolate chip cookie, I can't remember. I'll take the cookie though. 
Grace - notice her cool flower jeans. And he drew her hair with a sprig of bangs to look cool, even though she doesn't have bangs. She is holding a bag of peppers in one hand and an orange pepper in the other. 

6 comments:

Teresa said...

I love it! It'll bring back memories for him when he is older.

Emily said...

This is the coolest header ever! I'm jealous! I want Collin to draw me and Gar too!

La La Land said...

I have been waiting to hear the story of your header! I LOVE it!

Suzy said...

You guys need to come back for a good long weekend and we can got to Bajio's and Bombay! (I'll just have rice;)) We all miss you guys! Call us next time your in town.

Michelle said...

I love the picture- looks like he follows in jon's footsteps! I'm doing all my catch up on your blog, and I agree we do need to make our way out there.

SweetmamaK said...

How neat he's such a good artist. I love the detail! I wish I could have seen you last week- maybe next year LOL- It's silly that we don't get together!!!