Friday, August 1, 2008

Good Things Houston - BBQ

AKA another one of our favorites . . . 
So, you can't live in Texas and not have a favorite BBQ joint! I'm sure a lot of locals would not agree with our favorite - Pappas, it is a chain after all. But to be fair, we have tried quite a few different ones and this is our fav. We like the brisket, the turkey (YUM!), the kids really like the smoked sausage and their sauces - the sweet cola is so delish. My favorite part are the sides - green salads (I know "any BBQ place that has green salad can't be good"), slaw, beans, fruit in a cinammony sauce etc. The only downside is that they only have 2 dessert options, neither of which appeal to us, BUT they have 3 kinds of Agua Fresca - watermelon, cantaloupe and our favorite, pineapple. Not too sweet and so refreshing. Just one more reason to come visit!
Happy August!

3 comments:

SweetmamaK said...

I've never been to Pappas BBQ, but I love Pappadeaux's for seafood. Have you tried Rudy's BBQ? They opened one in Spring/Tomball area, off of 45. They call themselves the worst BBQ in Texas, but it's awesome, the one in Austin Catered my wedding. Adrienne will agree, they have the best creamed corn on the planet, and for dessert get yourself some banana pudding!

La La Land said...

I love brisket. Can we go there when I come visit?

Highlights said...

LOL! I was just going to say..."have you been to Rudy's" when I read Kareena's comment. She's right...it's the BEST and there is one in Spring now that I am going to try and make it to when we are down there next week. Do you eat Turkey? I was just wondering from the post and the YUM comment...