These last few weeks have been an emotional roller coaster for me. Without boring you to tears with ALL the details, although I have vented some (ok, a LOT) to most of the 3 readers of this blog, I'll share a couple of incidences. Yay for you!!!
First, in case you remember from last year, the highlight of the summer was Scout Day Camp. We have been counting down the days since it ended last June for this years camp. About a month ago I asked when it was since I knew it was getting close. Our Pack Master (for those of you who don't know scout lingo - and it is seriously it's own language - he/she is the person over dens) said, "we're not going". I thought I had heard him wrong (remember, this is the Readers Digest version of this story) so I asked about it again and he said, "we're not going because we don't have the man power." I could feel the fur starting to stand up on my back and my teeth getting pointy. After talking about it some more with him, I was in full Mother Bear mode. MY BOY has been looking forward to this ALL year and you're telling me no???!!!! I DON'T THINK SO!!! So, I did what any MB would do and went over his head to the Primary Pres. and said, What do I need to do to get my boy to Day Camp? Long story short, Day Camp is in a few weeks, and yes, we're going - all of us.
This incident made me feel like I was finally getting some back bone after 35 years! I have never liked confrontation (and never will) and usually just give up the fight and concede defeat. But never again!! Victory!!!
A few weeks later . . . Our neighbor (another Readers Digest version of long story), whom we've only seen once and that was right after Ike, sent us a nasty note saying that she's going to turn us in to the city for having a rabbit within 100 feet of a residence and berated us for leaving a pile of "infested branches" on the curb. They were put out on Saturday, she gave us the note on Sunday and the garbage comes on Friday. . . so they were out there for less than a week. Now I feel eyes watching us every time I go outside. My fur and pointy teeth have gone away, my pony tails are coming out and I feel a tear coming on. Great. Here comes wimpy girl again. . .
The moral of this story is . . . anyone want a cute, spotty, FREE rabbit??? Please?

5 comments:
Your neighbor sounds like a you know what. i really hate people like that. if i was there, i would yell at her for you. i mean really? a rabbit? what a jerk. she obviously has no life. you need to pull out the MB in you for this one for sure.
i'm proud of the scout thing. very cool. no reason anyone should miss out on those types of memories!
I hate people!!!! You know you could blow of day camp and REALLY be a rebel- come to OVERNIGHT CAMP- I can't wait for it- Glad and I are taking our boys in July- it's 3 days and 3 nights of fun in the sun, even a water park!!!
I'll tell you why he wasn't going to go, you need 1 adult for every 4 kids to participate in a district activity, plus they have more paperwork rules this year, he most likely did not want to be bothered, and that is why we do scouts in the secular world!!!!!
Oh and your neighbor, there is a special place in the Telestial Kingdom for that loser. Why can't you have a bunny? I've never heard of such a thing. He/She is probably making it up.
Sounds like a neighboring yard could use a rabbit. I'd drop that thing in her back yard. Paint a few new spots on it so she can't say it's the same and if she accuses, just tell her you already gave yours away to a friend. Oh, and spray the thing with some nasty smell first.
People need to chill out. I think you are still a momma bear. :)
Oh Jenny! Good job being a MB! I'm glad that you're going to day camp. Colby loves it too. I don't know what to think about your mean neighbor. I'm passive aggressive and hate confrontation too. I hope it blows over so you don't have to eat your rabbit!
Sounds like it's time for John's famous rabbit soup.
I am so proud of you, Momma Bear!
Post a Comment