Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Revelation


The other day Grace asked to sit on my lap and then immediately wanted to get off because my legs felt like "needles". And why not?? Who has time to shave their legs after showering? I am exhausted after a 10 minute shower! Let me explain. I have come to the realization that I like to have choices. 

I have 5 different shampoo/conditioner options. So, how do I figure out which to use today? What will I be doing today - will I have to go out in public or will I mostly be at home? How much work do I really want to put into my hair today? Do I go curly or straight today? How is the humidity today? Sultry, or just muggy? Shampoo 2 or 3? Does my hair even have a chance of staying straight if I decide to go that route even after using the "straight" shampoo AND my anti-humidity serum? Shampoo 4 or 5? Ok, do I want to use up the stuff I used to like (5), or use my new fav (4)? Whew!!! 1 down, 3 to go. 

Next comes face cleanser options. Most important criteria: How's the zit situation today? (my body is still producing hormones like I am pregnant! When will it stop?!) Is it under control for the moment? If so, do I use my zingy peppermint soap or my yummy cloud berry soap from Finland? OR do I need some of the medicated soap today? Which did I use yesterday? Option 3, 4, or 5? I can't remember!

Finally to body soap. I only have 4 options right now, so I can narrow it down to the most important criteria - smell. Again, do I want to use up the stuff that smelled good in the store (after smelling about 10 other products) but now smells like yucky chemicals even though it is called "citrus leaf"? Or go to my new fav, Dove Grapefruit and Lemongrass. If I go with this option that means the gross stuff will be around longer, but the Grapefruit is "energizing", which I definitely need . . .

I need a nap. Wait, that will ruin my hair . . . but was I going to go curly today or straight? If it was straight, then the nap won't matter because I'll be blowing my hair dry but if it was curly . . . 

1 comment:

La La Land said...

I can just hear you having this conversation with yourself! I love it. (And yes, go for the Dove grapefruit lemongrass...it's one of my favorite summer smells).