One of the many reasons I love homeschooling is that we can wake up in the morning and say, "Hey! Let's go to the beach today!". It only takes an hour from our front door to the sand which is so great because WE LOVE THE BEACH!! The beach in Galveston stays shallow for a long time so you can go really far out without it being too deep, which is nice with kids. The water might not be very clear, but it is so warm*. What's so great about clear water if you can't play in it?? And play we must. Collin had his skim board and body surfed (a fish jumped out and scraped his stomach which he thought was so cool), Grace and I wave jumped and played in the sand. It is also so nice to have older kids now because they can go play and I can read under our beach umbrella if I want.
*Yesterday I was talking to my Tahitian sister-in-law who lives in Hawaii and she said that she doesn't like going to the beach because the water is too cold. SEE! It's not just me being a wimp! It really is cold! (I would wear my wet suit every time I got in the water in Hawaii if I could!)
Anyway, have a GREAT long weekend. We are going camping. Yes, again! And there is a 50% chance of rain, so it's going to be interesting. I can already tell.
1 comment:
Oh I hope you're having fun camping! I can't wait to go to Galveston when we come too!
Post a Comment