Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tis the Season: Part Two

Here are a bunch more pictures of what we've been up to lately. We put the Christmas tree up while the dishes were drying from our Thanksgiving dinner. That is one of the good things of having a "fakey". I do miss the pine smell though.


We've also been spending a lot of time at this store for various train items. When you walk in, it's like stepping into the 1950's. The owner is the cutest little man that you want to go get a hug from. And he knows his train lore.


I keep thinking the train set is done so I'll take a picture only to have Jon come home with another bag of tracks to add etc. But this is still my favorite part of the scene. Jon has spent dozens of hours planning, sketching, modeling this area. The only part of this he bought as is are the trees and cabin. The lake, banks and rocks are all mixed, poured, dried and painted. The kids liked doing it for about 15 min. and then it wasn't as much fun watching them dry.


Jon assembled the cabin but then painted the windows and roof and made paths etc. I think he wanted to recreate a Lake Tahoe scene and I think he succeeded. I told him I want to come summer here!!


We did our annual Gingerbread house. We even seem to have a hard time with the pre-cut, come-in-a-box ones!! At least the kids have fun!



We've done 3 advents so far. Okay, the kids and I have done 3 advents and Jon has had 3 Sunday afternoon naps. :)


The kids were in a little skit at our GOCO party. Collin was the narrator. . .



And Grace was one of the sheep. The cutest one of the herd.



It must be the Christmas season because our treat corner is growing bigger every day with the yums of the season. And one of the pictures I found on my camera of a Mother and Baby pickle that were stuck together.


The complete (maybe) train. Collin looks like he gets hypnotized when he drives it.


3 comments:

La La Land said...

It's looking very festive at your house! I love the train and I agree that it looks like Lake Tahoe. Oh, and Grace is definitely the cutest sheep of the herd. We miss you.

Andrea said...

That train is awesome!! If he wants to get really ambitious, tell him to check out the link on my art blog where you can make your own bottle brush trees. I mean authentically with your own wire/twine, etc. I just did it two weeks ago (didn't blog about it yet) and it was easy. And I love the sheep costumes. So fun.

Vongsawad Family said...

I was clearing out e-mails and came across your blog address. It looks like you guys are well. It was fun catching up on your family. Miss having you as neighbors!