Thursday, December 10, 2009

Tis the Season: Part One

So, as you know, we had snow last Friday. See the flakes? We have too many trees in our yard for the snow to get on much of our lawn and house. (That's a hibiscus plant getting snowed on.)


Grace loved the snow. Collin loved the snow. They went out and played in it. I loved it. Jon loved the snow. Houston doesn't know what to do when snow comes, so it completely shuts down and Jon got to come home for a snow day. I had to take a lady I visit teach to get a mammogram and when I got home, they were all working on the electric train. It had to have a pond, right?


I thought that was a perfect Snow Day activity. Once Jon gets started, it's hard for him to stop!


Grace liked the snow. Collin liked the snow. I liked the snow. Jon liked the snow. The yard did not like the snow. All our tropical plants withered away . . .


My beautiful Plumeria felt betrayed. (I am so sorry I didn't cover you!!) And our banana plant that looking even worse than before! The dying brown color is all over our yard. Both of our dads have huge, lovely yards and huge green thumbs, so they are probably glad they can't see it in person!


On another note, after a couple of months of being without my recycling bin, I finally got not one new one, but TWO! I am so protective of them, they are like our new twins!

One more random: I've been spending a LOT of time lately in the Post Office shipping orders. Good for business, not for my mentality. Collins' either I guess because he said this after standing in line for about 1/2 an hour, "Working at the Post Office has got to be the most BORING job. Ever!" Somehow I don't see him working at a PO!! I'll leave you with a quote a stranger said at the PO as he was leaving, "Y'all have a God filled day". (I love southerners!)

3 comments:

SweetmamaK said...

DOn't forget to have a blessed day. Jen, seriously, do click n ship. You can even order the boxes to be delivered free to your house, fill em up and leave them on the front porch, no fuss no muss.

Yennigirl said...

I LOVE Click-n-ship and use it daily. I don't know what we did before it! It's the foreign orders that I have to ship! And when our reg'lar Mailman has a substitute that doesn't pick them up and I have to run them to the PO before they close . . .

La La Land said...

I love the train pond! And I can't believe it snowed there. It snowed a TON here!