Thursday, December 24, 2009

Priceless?

This is the view that greeted me yesterday morning. It reminded me of the Master Card commercials:

1 box of photography lights: $200
1 roll of packing tape: $3.25
2 Sharpie markers: $4.89
Days spent making the Stair Car: 16 and counting
Level of tailbone pain from riding it downstairs: pretty high
Memories: Priceless

Now, I'm thinking I might be more into the "priceless" part if this was a one-time occurence, but as most of you that have been to our house know, these piles of priceless memories are a DAILY part of life here at Fort Bybee. Just once I'd love the living room to stay clean for more than 1/2 a day. On another note:

It's been so long since we saw a movie in a theater that I don't even remember what the last one was. But we went this weekend and saw:
Fantastic Mr. Fox
George Clooney can do quirky so well. But I wish the movie had just been quirky! I was reminded of mine (my?) and J0n's first official date. We went to see Nightmare Before Christmas. Jon was so excited to see it. We arrived 45 minutes early (little did I know that was never going to stop) and the people watching was great. In fact, that was the best part of the movie. I was freaked out by it. In fact, I couldn't even put up a big picture of it here because they all freak me out.
See full size image






Again, little did I realize how many bizarre movies etc. I would see in my life as the future Mrs. Jon Bybee (and the kids, of course, love them too!). Grace had her first sleep-over this weekend so we asked Collin what he wanted to do and he said go get a hamburger at Five Guys and then go see Avatar. I remember my uncle saying that he and my aunt have a date night with each of their kids one at a time once a month and how they have seen the dumbest movies, done things they didn't want to and eat at restaurants they didn't want to but they did what their child wanted. That was one of those times.

I guess what I'm saying is, that I've done a lot of things I wouldn't have, seen a lot I wouldn't have chosen and eaten at places I never would have by being married to Jon and having the kids that we do. But I guess that also means that he has broadened my horizens and given me experiences I never would have had. And will never forget. So, my Bybee clan definitely makes my life interesting. . . and I guess that is priceless!!

3 comments:

La La Land said...

Priceless indeed.

SweetmamaK said...

That is the best part of marriage, trying new things. I for one love football now and never did before. It's all a refinement process.

Andrea said...

We LOVED Fantastic Mr. Fox! That is cool you guys saw it.
(And Merry Christmas!)