Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Week in Review

I know it's not the end of the week yet, but it's been a long, rainy one and am looking forward to next. Or maybe I have just eaten too many cat cookies and it's catching up to me. Either way, this is the scene yesterday while the kids were working. The males and females in our house switch roles and always have. Collin is the dresser - up in our house and couldn't wait for our Fall Festival last night. He could have spent hours at the store choosing which costume and accessories to get. Grace on the other hand, didn't want a costume this year.


Me and Sister Shoener, representing the RS Presidency at the Witches Brew last night. I forgot to buy a hat, and that's a decoration behind me. Since I was here the whole night and Jon had the camera, we have no pictures of the kids dressed up.


Yesterday Grace and I made our new traditional Cat Cookies. When we were picking up the Candy Corn for the eyes, I saw they had caramel flavored, so we got those and it made them extra delish. (I also made some "turtle" cookies with 2 pecan halves and 2 caramel candy corns pressed into the top - yum.) Grace is getting to be a professional with these cookies!


Our little "school" Halloween Party.

Gearing up for the festivities in a couple of nights. We are trying something new this year and hope it's as good as I want it to be. Have a great weekend!! Don't eat too much candy!!

4 comments:

La La Land said...

Those cat cookies look so good! Have a good Halloween!

Emily said...

alright. so spill the secret, what's the cat recipe? they look SO good!

and what were the kids? you never said!

and, love ya and miss ya and wish we was with ya.

Yennigirl said...

Click on the Orange words of Cat Cookies to go to the link for the recipe. Collin wore a 'fro, a cape and knife etc. Grace wore her costume from last year. A Butterfly fairy.

SweetmamaK said...

Did you show the cat cookies last year? They look familiar and I was having some deja vu, thinking I know I have already thought, "I should make these, they are adorable"
I love the decoration behind your head, you look like you have a halo and since you are always an angel it's perfect.