Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Dallas/Ft. Worth

We've had a few recent adventures that I thought I'd share. Jon wanted to go to a Tradeshow up in Fort Worth and we had never been up there, so we decided to tag along. It was fun to watch the scenery change from pine trees to other unknown types and we saw REAL cotton growing - we didn't realize what it was till it was too late to get out the camera. But we did get a picture of this town . . .


We stopped for gas and ta DA! We came across the Collin Street Bakery!!


With a name like that, it MUST be good!


We got some sandwiches on Pecan bread that were really good!


Jons Tradeshow happened to be right next to the Fort Worth Water Gardens, thankfully for us because I'll take this opportunity to say, I want to know WHO coined the term "Dallas/Ft. Worth area"!! That is like saying the Salt Lake/Provo area - it's about the same distance away! I had Googled Dallas and had a list of things for us to do while Jon was busy but when we found out how far away they were, I had to scrap my plans.


The Water Garden ended up being really pretty


There were different areas in a maze of concrete.


But the BEST was the Active Area. It sounded like you were under a roaring waterfall and you could "hike" down in it etc.


Even though I had to scrap most of my plans, there was one that Jon (bless this man) would not let me give up. We drove the 45 minutes back to Dallas through bad traffic to go here. . . Recognize it anyone?


Oh yeah. SPRINKLES!!! Their strawberry cupcakes are "the bomb" (Collins new favorite phrase), although they do have to come in second to the Nutella in my opinion. MMMmmmmmmm.

That's it for now folks. I gotta go wipe the drool from my mouth.

1 comment:

Highlights said...

I miss Texas road trips! I'm glad you had fun and got a cupcake out of the deal :0)