So, what do you do on a Saturday afternoon if you're a good Texan???? Head to the shootin' range, that's what!! I loved the cross street names at the range:
Gracie was a little nervous and said, "I only want to shoot once or twice", unlike Jon, who turned into a 7 year old!!
Collin shootin' the .22. These two are all boy.
Midgie Moodles ended up loving the gun and we couldn't keep her away!
This is my shoulder getting blown out of it's socket by the . . . . well, the BIG shotgun (sorry Jon, I can't remember what it is!!). My arm hurt for days. Needless to say, we need a recoil pad.
We headed out to the sticks later to check out some MORE guns where we stuck out like a a sore thumb. I wish I had taken a picture of our little Mini stuck in between all the huge Pick-ups in the parking lot, but we were already getting so many weird looks, I decided not to bring anymore attention to ourselves.
Jons candy store. I had NO idea he liked guns so much. I also couldn't believe how many guns there were here. This is only ONE of the walls. I had to keep wiping the drool off Jons shirt. I also loved the misspelled "y'all". I never knew having an English Professor for a dad and getting corrected on my speech growing up would make life so much more interesting later in life!
Refer to the statement above about misspelling fun. This place is "country cookin' at it's best". They even say it on their sign, so it must be true! Let's just say that Jon had liver and onions and leave it at that. They are famous for throwing fresh, hot rolls to you (those were delish!).
But I was excited to finally get to taste some real, southern Fried Green Tomatoes!! They, along with fried okra, were our complimentary appetizer. They were really yummy and I could tell would be GREAT if cooked a little differently.
We're going campin' this weekend to McKinney Falls out by Austin. We've never been there before, so we're excited. Have a GREAT weekend. And Ya'll come back!
No comments:
Post a Comment