(Enough for 7-9 quarts - depending on all sorts of things)
14 Quarts tomatoes (about 1/4 bushel)
7 Med. Onions
4 celery stalks
14 Springs Parsley
3 Bay Leaves
3 Tbsp. Salt
3-4 Tbsp. Sweetener
2 tsp. Black Pepper
1 c. butter
1 c. flour
Cut up vegetables . . . .
Cook until celery is tender . . .

Put through sieve - IF you have one. I don't, so I blend mine up in my Blendtec in about 27 batches.
At this point you make a roux out of the flour and butter and thin it with some of the juice from the vegetables and add to the rest of the soup. But when you are ME (and what makes my recipe unique), your stove breaks at this point and you have to make room in your fridge for 14 quarts of liquid magma and wait till Monday to call a repairman. Hopefully, in the very near future, I can:
Fill jars to 1" (or where the ring hits). Screw tightly. Put in canner and fill water to tops of jars. Bring to boil, lower heat to a med. boil and boil for 20- 30 min.
P.S. Still sorting through 972 pictures from our trip, so I'll get to those when I get the stove and soup taken care of.
P.P. S. 2 of my 3 sisters were making soup Saturday too. HA!
1 comment:
And the other sister made it on Wednesday! Good luck with the stove and I can't wait to see photos of your trip.
Post a Comment