Sunday, February 22, 2009

Roots Baby!

While we were in Hawaii Grace was complaining about her tooth hurting. When we got back we took her in to have a cavity filled only to go back that same afternoon after Grace announcing that it wasn't her tooth that hurt, but her "bump". I turned around to ask her what she meant and her cheek was swollen. I checked her "bump" which turned out to be a huge abscess. To make a long story short, she has a permanent tooth growing in sideways and causing problems. We had the tooth taken out and she is fine now.  The point of all of this (yes, I do have one), is that when she came home (after just a numbing shot, no stitches, and no pain meds) we asked to see her tooth. She pulls out this:

If you can't tell by clicking on the picture, this tooth has half inch long, quarter inch wide, razor sharp roots!! I was shocked!! I said, "I didn't know baby teeth had roots!" Collin proceeded to inform us that an acid dissolves the baby teeth roots to help them come out easier when it's time. I didn't know whether to believe him or not since I had never heard that. He kept telling everyone that though so we decided to look it up and yes, my 10 year old is right. You learn something new every day! 

The happy patient recovering with a couple of her animals. . . 


3 comments:

Emily said...

good grief! that was one angry lookin tooth. I love the pic of grace snuggled up to collin. boy she is just prettier ever day! look out for the boys!

how is collin such a genius? I feel like he needs to be my tutor. for real.

Highlights said...

LOL!! We didn't believe Colby either when he told us there were penguins in Africa a few years ago--duh i should have known that.

Sorry to Grace for the mouth pain!! I'm glad you got it taken care of.

La La Land said...

Oh my goodness! Those roots are so long and sprawling! Poor little girl...at least she has her animals to keep her company!