Sunday, March 1, 2009

Texas Pride

We've had a very Texan couple of weeks. For our homeschool group, Collin and I went on a field trip to a local restaurant, Taste of Texas for some Texas history. The owner is a huge Texas history buff so after leading us through the restaurant she sat us down and told us a very lively version of Texas gaining her independence from the evil Santa Ana. The restaurant is also basically a small museum too. It was very interesting 



Collin entertaining the ladies and hanging with the homies. They served us some lunch after the Texas history. 


I had to get a picture of this while filling up my tank. The good ol' Texas Lotto. 


We have our homeschool Co-Op on Fridays. This Friday the group of riders riding the Spanish Trail stopped to have lunch at a parking lot right by where we meet on their way to open the Houston Rodeo. We decided to skip class and go see the horses etc. This is Grace telling the man all about how she loves horses (news to me) and how she wants her very own. 


This is Precious, with her owner wearing a Texas Flag shirt. About half the riders were wearing them. 


The kids were getting little rides on some of the horses and this guys says to me, "We need to see some adults on these horses!"and tells me to get on. Out of the 3 pictures Collin took of me, this is the best. Can you even tell I'm on a horse? :) Later I asked what her name was . . . Jenny! It was fate! 


Our favorite part though was this cowboy who had the best named horse there . . . Homer Jones.  The kids want to get a horse and name it EITHER Homer Jones or Grace. 

1 comment:

La La Land said...

So cute! I haven't seen you on a horse since we were LITTLE!