The other day Collin woke up with a red egg sized bump on his back. I was sure it was a bite, but I thought, "this will be the time I think it's no big deal and it will turn out to be Leukemia or something", so I called good ol' Dr. Jung. Collin couldn't even sit back against the seat on the way! I was very relieved that when he saw Collins back even HE was impressed with the size! He said he wasn't worried since it didn't look infected but left and came back with a marker. . . You know how they say, "if it gets redder or bigger, come back"? I don't know about you, but I get home and worry, does it look bigger? redder? How do I tell? WELL, Dr. Jung pulls up Collins shirt, uncorks his marker and outlines the bite. Then he draws a dotted line around it and says, "If the redness gets out to the dotted line, come back." !!! THIS is why we love Dr. Jung (OK, one of many!)! No need to wonder, no need to measure or fret. Just check if it's going out of the solid line! He even marked the time for us. . . although that part I'm not sure why . . .
I wish you could see how swollen it really is! UnbeLIEVable!!
P.S. It never did get bigger and was gone it about 2 days!
2 comments:
I'm so glad you posted this! I love the photo, and I'm very glad that Collin is okay.
Has it gotten bigger? Has it gotten redder? I hope you give us the update :) That is a great story! I hope the pain has settled down too!
Post a Comment