Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Suomenlinna

Moi again from Suomi! Jon and I spent our anniversary yesterday at the beautiful island of Suomenlinna. The fall colors and clouds in the air made it almost perfect. I could have used another 10 or 15 degrees of warmth, but we actually did get hot during the day because we bundled up so much. We really have had great weather since we've been here. 
This is the bridge connecting 2 of the main islands that make up Suomenlinna.
It started as a sea fortress so there are bunkers and guns all over which also help to make up the beautiful scenery.
It's so quaint and picture postcard perfect it's hard to remember that people actually live here until you see things like this in the windows:
This was such a good anniversary and a great way to spend it with my honey in such a picturesque place that neither one of us has been to. Love ya babe!

3 comments:

Jarna said...

Wow Yen, the photos are awesome! What a perfect place to celebrate your anniversary :) I am glad you both enjoyed it. And again, Happy Belatede Anniversary, Jenny & Jon!! We are so happy to have you here. Love, Jarna

SweetmamaK said...

It is beautiful!

La La Land said...

Happy Anniversary! Looks like you had so much fun! The photos are beautiful; I would love to go there some day!