Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Weird . . .

I'll admit this might be psychological . . . BUT, my body really liked all the Finnish food I put into it and it's been having a hard time readjusting since coming home. Did you read that? It's had a hard time since being HOME! I had no trouble tucking into the food there! Loved everything I ate! Felt great the whole time! After getting back, I felt yucky every time I ate at first, and while that's no longer happening, I still think it is wanting something more Finnish. 

Baking is therapy to me so whenever I get stressed (hardly ever - just ask my fam!) I feel the need to start baking up a storm. Today I made some hamburger buns for dinner and then decided to make something to satisfy my cravings. Namely Karjalanpiirakat. . . 

Jarna had these for us almost every day (KIITOS Jarna!!). They are a rye crust with a savory rice filling that is all kinds of Delish, especially depending on what toppings you decide to put on them - traditional egg butter (just butter with hard boiled eggs in it), ham, cheese, ham AND cheese, or just spreadable cheese. I bought some Laughing Cow cheese to try to recreate the cheese I liked on them. I think I made my tummy happy. 

2 comments:

La La Land said...

Yum! I love those! You have got to give me that recipe!

Jarna said...

Yeh, your Karjalanpiirakka looks perfect to me! Wow!! You are amazing!!