Monday, May 5, 2008

Onolicious


We had a fun weekend - at least food wise. Jon found a Hawaiian restaurant called Aloha Grill that he wanted to try out. I was less excited about it since there is usually nothing I can really eat. I was pleasantly surprised that it was actually pretty healthy Hawaiian! Yes, they had Spam Musubi (which should show you the joints authenticity) and other traditional fare, BUT you can choose between white and brown rice, and you get your choice of two types of salad - the traditional Macaroni, green papaya or green salad, which was really green. They also had Malasadas which were not Leonard's standard, but were still good. The highlight of the meal though seemed to be the Pineapple Mango Pearl Tapioca Smoothie we got. The kids LOVED getting the chewy balls and are already talking about which smoothie we are getting the next time we go to Aloha Grill.

P.S. Sorry about the bad pictures. I didn't want to make a scene by taking them. The one of Grace is her trying to suck up a HUGE pearl of Tapioca through a regular size straw.

4 comments:

La La Land said...

Yum! Steve and I are jealous!also, I lived off of those tapioca smoothies in the Philippines! So tasty!

Highlights said...

FUN and YUM--I wish I lived by you still so we could go new restauranting together. There aren't many exciting choices in Blackfoot, ID. ESPECIALLY not for vegetarians :( I think we are still coming for a visit this summer. Maybe we can go somewhere cool!

Michelle said...

Oh that sounds so good- I love good Hawaiian. I remember those malasadas- so darn good!

A Few Tacos Shy... said...

So I jumped on the bandwagon... I love reading about you guys!