Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day = Cupcakes













Boy, I got spoiled this weekend! Saturday, Jon took the kids to see Speed Racer and when they came home, they had one of my favorite sites in the world - the unmistakable pink bakery box full of my favorite cupcakes (the picture on the left: 2 Black Forest, a flowery vanilla, "plain" strawberry and a "chocolate covered strawberry")

Yesterday I got woken up with breakfast in bed and new slippers. I got to lounge around and read (undisturbed !!) in my room and when I came down the house smelled so good with dinner cooking. Grace had suggested they make cupcakes for me for dessert (like I needed more!) and they were so good - chocolate coconut cupcakes (picture on the right). I was sick by the end of the day, but felt very loved. Thanks guys!!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Yen, those cupcakes look so wonderful. Happy late Mothers day and I agree your mom was great to be around in high school and I love your mother-in-law Sue both beautiful women! I need to catch up on emails!!! Sorry I have been so lazy!

La La Land said...

Yum! My mouth is watering!!! What sweet kids and husband. Happy Mother's Day!

Seth and Libby said...

mmmmm... i still haven't tried the strawberry-- it looks amazing. i just found a place here that makes an awesome vegan key lime tart-- you'll have to come! that is, if you can endure our circus! love you guys!

Highlights said...

yum--where is that cupcake place?