Saturday, May 10, 2008

Moms

Since tomorrow is Mothers Day, I will take this opportunity to say THANK YOU and Happy Mothers Day to my mom and Sue - my Mother-in-law! I don't think words could encompass all that I feel for them, so I will just share the first thing that comes to mind when I think of them . . . 

Sarah, Laura, mom, baby Ems and me (the one with feathers in her hair) in clothes that I am sure my mom sewed . . . 

My mom is the most all-around crafty person I know. She can cook, draw, paint, crochet, sew, hook rugs, lace, knit and the list goes on. I like to tell people that she knits from scratch. Meaning that she starts with a bag of dirty, newly sheared wool, cleans it, cards it, dyes it, spins it (on her very own spinning wheel), makes her own pattern and THEN knits the item. Unfortunately, none of these talents passed through the gene pool to me, which is why I am always amazed at what she can do. I love you mom!

Howard, Sue and Jon at our wedding. One of my favorite pictures of Sue (she doesn't like to be photographed).

Although I don't call Sue "mom" she definitely is my second mom. The thing that I can't imagine Sue without is a smile. She is such an optimist and is always in a good mood. That is a rare quality and one that I hope to have some day! I love you Sue!

1 comment:

La La Land said...

That is so sweet! I love it! I was going to do the same thing about Steve's mom(thank her in my Mother's Day blog), good idea! Love that Sue!

Oh, and Happy Mothers Day to you!