My friend Michelle posts a lot of pictures of food on her website which is one of my favorite parts of her blog and since I love good food and trying new recipes, I thought I would do the same.
This one may not look that appetizing, but it it so good. It is Ina Gartens aka The Barefoot Contessas recipe for Sun-dried Tomato Dip. It was a hit. After making it twice, I found that it tastes much better if you make it before hand and let it sit in the fridge. I used Neufchatel and it made it smoother and only about 1/3 cup of sour cream and mayonnaise each. We like it with whole grain crackers, pumpernickel bread and almost any type of vegetables. I think I could eat this every day.
I am also very into cupcakes since finding this great cupcake place here called Sugarbabys. I got an assortment of cupcakes on my birthday in lieu of a cake and I think I will do that every year. I have been browsing cupcake recipes and made one with chocolate cake and pineapple frosting. They were so good, they got eaten too fast and I didn't get a chance to take a picture of them. They were some of the best I've ever had. Even Jon - the non sweet eater ate about half of them. I need to make them again so I can write a recipe down. I also want to try a chocolate cupcake with strawberry frosting, so I guess I'd better get baking. I'll put a picture up when I get them baked.
I also made this peach blueberry cake today that I saw on Mitch's site, and since she said it was so good, I tried it, and it is - sooo good.
3 comments:
Ok tell me how your peach blueberry cake went! Email me! And I will have to try the tomato dip! It all looks wonderful!
yen post your recipes! the pics look awesome!
Ade - I have links to the recipes on the words that are a different color of font. Click on "Sun-dried tomato dip" and "this" to go to the recipes. I guess no one noticed that. I will have to put the links right under the pictures or something.
Post a Comment