Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday Jan. 18, 2008



Yesterday when Grace got home from school I got all her school papers out of her backpack and found a tattered invitation looking paper in there. I pulled it out and it said that we were receiving this invitation because one our child's pieces of artwork was chosen to be displayed at the Spring Branch ISD Annual Rodeo Art Exhibit. I hadn't heard anything about that, so I asked Grace if the invitation was hers - yes. I asked her when she got it (it looked like it had been at the bottom of her backpack for at least a week) and she said a few days ago. I looked again at the date etc. and it was that night! So, off we went to see what all of this was about. When we got there we looked for the Kindergarten section and Grace found hers. This is of cows (the brown ones - they are a family of course) and a horse (the red one) on a farm on a rainy day. See the lightening? We are very proud of our budding artist.  After we had come home and put the kids to bed I realized I had bread dough still rising in the bread machine!!


I am still trying to figure out how to add pictures etc. and it has taken me so long to do this much that I will have to add my favorite pictures from Christmas later. 





2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow- Good for Grace! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree! What do you do with all the art work- we are overflowing with "artwork" and have yet to sort through the pile!

Yennigirl said...

As I heard Dr. Laura say once, "save everything, forever". We have framed some, but I get those big tubs and keep one for each child. We are on #2 for Collin. I keep school work etc. in there for them if they want it later.