Thursday, January 13, 2011

2011= Good Health!! Or Else!

I was going to post these after our Christmas pictures, but Jon seems to have forgotten that this is our GOOD Health year! One year ago today I had my awful Gallbladder removal. One of the worst days of my life! The year seemed to go downhill from there health wise, for all of us! Our year ended with a bang too. Since we had met our deductible for surgeries, we decided to finally fix Jon's deviated septum right before Christmas. Here he is wishing, and hoping he was somewhere else . . .


And after. Seems the "margarita juice" the nurse gave him didn't help much.


He got his splints out - 3 inch long and 1 1/2 inches wide (I almost had to put my head between my knees when she took them out) a week later and has been sick ever since. We found out yesterday he has a sinus infection!!

I was too nauseous to take a pic of the splints so this is from the internet - his were also bigger.

Then, on the 30th, Grace had an endoscopy to check for Celiacs Disease. Luckily there was a TV in the waiting room . . .


But not in Pre-Op, so she was terrified and couldn't stop crying, even with Penny there for comfort. There goes another 5 years of my life! Jon got "margarita juice" and Grace got pink "princess juice" to take the tears away.


When it was finally over brother was there to comfort her . . .


And wheel her out. . .


She woke up a Chatty Kathy, so we stopped to say hi to dad at work so she could tell him all about it. . .


The good news is NO Celiacs, so tomorrow we go to an allergist to find out exactly what is going on.

2 comments:

La La Land said...

Those pictures of Jon are so awesome. I hope this year is a healthier year!!! And, I hope they finally figure out what is wrong with Grace.

Jarna said...

I hope so too... I hope your new year will be a lot healthier year than the previous!!! We are thinking of you and can´t wait to see you all soon!!!