Thursday, January 20, 2011

Better Late Than Never?

This was our year of Paul Frank "jaminas". I happened to find some for Collin and then me, and then I thought I might be able to find some for all of us and Voila! (My camera was on some wonky setting all day and I didn't know it, so the pictures aren't the best)


Some other highlights: My new bike from Santa that I didn't even have to put on my list. Notice it matches my new jaminas too?


Grace's bike basket. I forgot she even got it because it was on her bike about a half hour after this and I didn't see her bike until yesterday because she left it out of the garage. It was also a hippo Christmas for her - she got a hippo Pillow Pet and Hungry Hippos.


Collin with Legos . . . wait, this is actually NOT Legos! It's a Tech Deck set. (But yes, he did get Legos too - of course!).


Jon with some very red new shoes. He was also a very good boy this year and got a Lego set from Santa too.


Working so hard he had to take his shirt off . . .


The yearly Ris Ala Mande tradition. If you need a refresher in this, you can go here: Christmas Eve Traditions.


Grace has gotten the almond two years running. She has gotten it 2 times in the 8 Christmases she's been alive. If I had those odds I would have gotten it at least 8 times. Guess how many I've gotten it? 0! But I am happy for Grace. I really am. Oh wait! The best part of this story was that she was too full and had literally 2 tablespoons of it and STILL won!!


I even ordered a delicious Finnish Fazer chocolate bar - milk chocolate with gingerbread pieces for the prize.

My new strategy is to buy a nasty treat next year (maybe some white chocolate) and then I'll win . . .

3 comments:

La La Land said...

You know I love Paul Frank jammies! Your Christmas looked like so much fun. We missed you, though!

Oh, and lucky Grace. Those are some pretty good stats!

Jarna said...

Yen, I love your Christmas pictures...they are all so much fun. Kiia also had a look at them while I explained to her in a very excited manner that "we will be visiting this family in Summer"... I don´t think she quite got it :D Can´t wait to see you and Jon and meet Collon and Grace!!!!!!!

Jarna said...

Yen, you´ll need to make me a list of goodies you would like me to bring over... kardemumma, chocolate etc. :D

p.s. I know your son´s name is Collin....sorry about that.