Wednesday, December 15, 2010

December = BUSY!

All month I've been making lists and checking it twice so here is my list in pics:
1. Tree up (Jon trying to fix the top lights and the kids not being able to wait). Check.
2. Stockings hung by the chimney with care (ok, I thought they were in this pic). Check.


3.Gingerbread houses made. Check.


4. Annual picture of Collin about to "eat" his house. Check.


5. Visit fam. Check. Jons brother Dave and his family had a layover in Dallas on their way from Hawaii to Chile, so we rented a ginormous van and went up to spend the day with them.


6. Ditto on #5. We visited the Dallas Zoo. Very cool. Check.


7. Get Collin to test for the next rank level in Tae Kwon Do. Check.


8. Daily advent calendar. Definitely check. One of the highlights of the Christmas season when I was little and for the kids too.


9. Sunday Advents. Check. This is what happens when you go to make Peanut Blossoms (best Advent cookie out there) Sunday afternoon and realizing that even though you have passed bags and bags of Hershey's Kisses dozens of times in the last week, you forgot to buy some. Thank goodness I found a bar of Hershey's, some M&M's and some other chocolate.


10. Get a cold. Check. I thought I might as well put in on my list so I could at least check it off. So nice to have kids who are old enough to do most of the Advent readings when you're sick!


11. Daily orders. Daily errands. Check. This is from a slow day and doesn't include UPS orders or foreign ones. Sooooo looking forward to the Christmas Rush being through.

Things I haven't done:
1. Christmas cards. And doesn't look likely to happen this year. A first!
2. Watched our whole collection of Christmas movies. That WILL happen.
3. Made neighbor treats. Not sure what to do this year, but still most likely it will happen.
4. Decluttered the house. Probably after Christmas.
5. I'm sure a bunch of other things, but too worn out to think of them. Looking forward to sitting and relaxing next week!!

1 comment:

La La Land said...

I love that you added a cold to your list. Guess there is one more thing I can check off of my list, too!

We miss you!