Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Confession . . .

Over the last few months Jon has been saying I need a new car. My "Mitsubichi" (as Grace use to say) Montero, aka The Whale, has been with us for 5 years.


Look how young my babies were when we brought The Whale home!


She has taken us across the nation to Texas, on numerous camping trips and other adventures in Southern Utah and even gotten a few bumps and nicks with us in, and out of her.

So, when Jon has suggested getting a new car, I realized I am emotionally attached to my car. I LOVE my wonderful Whale! Just because he needs a different one every other year, I don't! And though I've put my foot down about getting a new one ("don't fix what ain't broke" OR "use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"), when the eventual day comes when she just won't go anymore, I will be SO sad!

3 comments:

SweetmamaK said...

It's good to be attatched to these items- our wee Saturn has been my companion for 13 years and even when I bought the Van, the Saturn didn't give up on me, she's still running.

La La Land said...

I love the "Mitsubishi Montero!"

Christiejo said...

I love your Montero, and one of the best ways to get ahead is to wear out your car!