Thursday, June 17, 2010

Moab '10

We had a GREAT time in one of our favorite places ever and enjoying it with my family. We go to Moab every year. This year the weather was about as perfect as it could be. The kids loved hiking and climbing around, but most of all, they loved being with their cousins!

Collin, Christian, Jens, Grace and Lia
About to be blown off the South Window by the strong wind!


Look at all those white legs and great hair (did I mention it was a little windy?)


Getting ready to hike to Delicate Arch . . .


The Big rock face . . .


Me and my hiking buddy! She was the perfect companion for me this year. With my bruised body, I wasn't in tip-top shape and when she stopped for a rest, it always seemed to be just when I needed one too. I'm sure next year she'll be up at the front with Jon and Collin leaving me in the dust!


Around the corner from Delicate Arch . . .


And there it is! It's funny because every year the hike up seems shorter and easier.


Sweetness!! Collin and his best buddy Christian, who is his same age were chit-chatting NON-stop this whole trip! He is the oldest on both sides of the fam and while he loves playing with all his Bybee cousins (all girls closest to his age), I am so glad he has a pal his age to hang out with.


We had a GREAT time and must have had too much fun because the kids Zonked on the way back to Provo, and they NEVER take naps! Thank goodness for all the pluffy animals to use as pillows!


The morning we left, there was much bawling (and I mean SOBbing) and complaining about leaving "the family" and having to go back to "stinky ol' Texas". There was also a record setting SNOW storm that left 2 inches on the ground!!

I most definitely won't miss that, but I will everything else! We love you family!

1 comment:

SweetmamaK said...

Sounds like John needs to telecommute! I'm so glad you can spend extended vacations though!