Monday, February 1, 2010

Why Tuna Makes Me Smile

This story happened a few months ago, but every time I see a can of tuna I think of it, and probably always will, so I thought I'd share. . .

Last semester in Co-op, I "taught" PE for the little kids. Ok now, stop snickering!! Notice I put parenthesis around taught?! There is a little boy in there named Kit. I hadn't done anything special to Kit or treated him any different. If anything, I was a little rude because I was always telling him to stop whining and that there was "no sitting down in PE". One day we were sitting around in the morning getting ready for Praise and Worship (I need to do a post on that some time!) to start, and when I turned my head Kit was there. He planted a big kiss on my cheek, gave me a bear hug around the neck and said, "Teacher, I love you". He then said he had brought me something and dug deep in his bag to produce . . . a can of tuna. He then gave me another kiss and hug and told me again that he loved me. I had to excuse myself to the bathroom to shed a tear or two. And I might need to right now too. I love that I have happy thoughts when I see a can of tuna. Thanks Kit!