I sure didn't mean to sound so negative in my last post, so I thought I would offer this one up today in gratitude of something that has been on my mind and in my stomach a lot this week. I am a fairly recent rice convert. If we ate much of it growing up, I don't remember it. We (ok, my dad) grew a cellar full of potatoes every year and they are still my starch/staple of life choice. I love love love potatoes, but I guess I'll do a post of them later. Back to rice . . . I think I never really liked it because it had no flavor.
Well, a couple of years ago my talented Sister-in-law Libbs made rice for us cooked with broth and butter and I was hooked. I then found a GREAT kind of rice:
It smells like popcorn popping when it cooks. Mmmmm. . . popcorn.
So, use broth instead of water, add salt to taste and a pat of butter for each cup you cook. It has been a great friend to my stomach this last week.
3 comments:
I guess living in Asia has made rice a staple in our house. I love it and I LOVE the Basmati mix you have pictured. I too add some broth and a little butter sometimes. I need to introduce you to forbidden rice. It's my favorite.
Jenny you didn't sound negative in your last post--you just had surgery! It's ok to be honest with your blog buds. We love you. I'm glad you love rice too.
Your last post was great- Hey we love rice too, but I'm like you it was taters all growing up. It's best cooked in broth you are correct!
Post a Comment