Monday, January 18, 2010

Still Recovering . . .

When I saw this picture it reminded me of my cannery experience last fall. Who knew I would be in a hairnet again so soon?! They had this heater hooked up to a tube in my gown that blew warm air onto me. Heaven!


Waking up with worse gallbladder symptom pain than I had before going in!!



Things I am thankful for:
The nurse at the hospital asking me to verify my birthdate and then telling me she thought I was 10 years younger (I had found my first grey hair the night before).
My personal nurse at home. Jon went to the store numerous times, fulfilling my every whim (who knew sugar cones would taste so good???).
Good kids who have been manning the dishwasher.
A warm, comfy robe and nightgown (bought by nurse Jon the day of surgery after coming home and needing something that wouldn't dig into the incision on my belly button).
Good people who have brought meals.
DVR recordings of the new Masterpiece Theater season, Biggest Loser and Meet the Natives.

Things I am looking forward to:
Eating fruit (especially pineapple) without feeling like I drank a pint of battery acid.
The gas they pumped in my abdomen going away and the shoulder pain associated with it.
Being able to turn over at night without being uncomfortable.
Wearing pants again.

6 comments:

Highlights said...

That sounds horrible. I really hope you feel better soon. I'm happy you are being well looked after but I still feel bad for you. Get Well Soon!

SweetmamaK said...

I'm glad you have such a good nurse and wonderful kids. I heard that gall bladder surgery was one of the worst, but I didn't want to say that Before you went in. Take it easy adn don't forget that Bravo and Lifetime TV will realy help you feel better quick!~

Sarah said...

Oh Yenny! What a before and after - I am so sorry! (The before picture makes me laugh out loud.) I hope you feel better so soon!

La La Land said...

I agree with Sarah, that before picture is hilarious!!! I am so sorry you have had a rough time. I wish I were there to assist nurse Jon. Sounds like your crew is taking good care of you, though. Get better soon!

Yennigirl said...

First of all, I didn't mean to sound so whiny!! Secondly, I'm glad y'all got a good laugh out of that picture. That's why I put it up. I do that without even realizing it!

Emily said...

man. sounds rough. I am so very impressed with nurse jon. i could have used him a few nights ago with the stomach flu. haha. glad to hear you are on the mend. wish we were there to help. xo