Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas . . . Part One

This is the first installment of the deluge of pictures to come. . .  these are leading up to and including Christmas Eve.  We had Jons brother and family come into town and I guess we were having too much fun to take any pictures!! The kids had so much fun playing with their cousins. It's one of their favorite things. 

This is Jons latest artistic endeavor. I guess since we don't have a spot big enough for a real koi pond, he decided to paint some . . . 

Singing a song on our very last Advent last Sunday. . . 

Opening the advent calendar on Christmas Eve morning. . . 

Jons family has a great tradition of having a white elephant gift exchange on Christmas eve, but with food treats (see why I married into this family?). So this is after we were done with our "loot" as Collin likes to call it. . . 

Another one of our traditions is to give the kids "jaminas" on Christmas eve. Grace has ALWAYS buried her face in hers in excitement . . . 

Collin seeing his . . .  I love that they still get excited about them . . . 

The sweet potatoes . . . 

After getting cozy in the new jaminas we pool our white elephant treats and settle down to watch The Nativity Story DVD (if you haven't seen it, I strongly suggest it) and then settle in for a long winters sleep. . . . 

2 comments:

La La Land said...

Okay, I have so many comments to make! First, I LOVE the Koi painting. I want it for my house! I love the jamina photos. I love that you celebrate Christmas Danish style! I wish you were here!

SweetmamaK said...

what fun traditions. you know your kids will always come home for Christmas! You guys are such a fun family! And yes even ifyou were die hard U2 we can still be friends!