Friday, October 10, 2008

Finnish Friends

In case you forgot, the first reason for us going to Finland was for a class reunion of 8a, the class I was in while we lived there. Jarna had a girls night a few days before the reunion so we could get a lot of girl talk in. It was interesting that they all look the same after 20 years!!
 Jarna was one of my best friends when we lived in Finland and we've stayed in touch ever since. She, her husband Timo and their daughter Kiia were gracious enough to let us stay at their house the whole time we were there. It was really fun to get to hang out with them so much. They were SO good to us! Here we are at lunch in Porvoo . . . 
Jarna and I doing what we do best - chatting . . . 

I have also kept in touch with a friend from our ward, Mikko. We took the train to Tampere to spend the afternoon with him and his family which was another great day. This is Mikko, Marja and their twins, Akseli and Aino. 
As a treat for our reunion, Jarna took us to get our hair done so we would look our best for the big night . . .
At the reunion: Me, Jarna and Katja. I still think of her as Juusto, her nickname that also means cheese. . . 
Kalle I. and I . . . 
And the classmates:

It was really good to get caught up and see old friends. I hope it's not another 20 years until we get together again!

3 comments:

Jarna said...

Hey Yen, been waiting to hear about your vacation here... and here it is. Thanks!

Jarna said...

It was so great to have you here!! And all these things we did together...it was so much fun!! Of course the Class Reunion will be the most memorable one ;) Can't wait to see you again!!

La La Land said...

Wow! I wish I had been older when we lived there; maybe then I'd still be in touch with my old friends!