I guess I got tagged last week to post a recipe so here goes. This is a recent one I found and tweaked that has come to be one of our favs.
Black Bean Pizza
1 Recipe Pizza dough (I use one for a 12" pizza)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small onion, chopped
1 Tbsp. Veg. oil (or for more flavor I use chicken broth)
1 - 1 1/2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
14 oz. salsa
Oregano to taste
Basil to taste (I probably use about 1/4-1/2 tsp. of these 2 spices each)
Chili powder to taste
S & P to taste
1 Can black olives sliced
Mexican Cheese blend
Fresh Cilantro
Press dough into a greased 15x10 (jelly roll) pan. Bake at 425 degrees for 4-6 min. until crust begins to brown.
Saute garlic and onion in oil or broth till tender. Add salsa, spices and beans and bring to boil. Boil uncovered for 2 minutes or until most of the liquid is gone. (I have started slightly mashing the beans to thicken the mixture). Top crust with bean mixture, olives and cheese.
Bake for 8-10 minutes until cheese is browned. Sprinkle with cilantro before eating.
1 comment:
yum--we'll have to try it!
Post a Comment