Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Only in Texas


We went up to Lake Livingston last month to check it out for future reference. I got my priorities straight and looked around the area for places to eat for dinner. All the referals said to eat at a place called Florida's, so we did. It was in an old house with a double wide attached. I wanted to get a picture of it, but there were some Bubba's on the "porch" watching us taking pictures of the signs and wondering what in the world we were doing, so I didn't, which of course I am regretting now, since I saw this sign right next to the steps. . .

In case you can't read the Florida's sign, it says:" Florida's Down Home Cooking. Home of the come back ribs". Somehow the two signs don't seem to go together. 
I also took a picture of one of my favorite Texas sightings, but with my phone, which I can't download. But it's a Ford truck ("Ford is the Best in Texas") with the license plate reading. . . BEER. I love it!
I think this might become a regular feature . . . 

1 comment:

SweetmamaK said...

We love Livingston- we've camped there- my favorite place to camp is Huntsville- I don't know why I like it better, I just do. I love only in texas things, whenever we see one, Robert will say, "Now that's MY Texas!