Yesterday I thought, forget that it costs $75 to fill my car up with gas . . . we need an Adventure!! So, we headed out to Brenham (AKA The Ice Cream Capitol of Texas). The kids didn't want me to tell them where we were going, so I didn't. We first stopped for lunch at Must Be Heaven and it really was a heavenly lunch.
Next we headed to the Blue Bell Ice Cream Factory. For $2 you get a tour of the plant to see them making ice cream, ice cream sandwiches etc. and then get a cup of ice cream at the end of the tour. I always love how the Texas flag is everywhere here.

This is while we were waiting for the tour to begin. And before we went around to the other side of the truck and saw the sign that said, "NO standing, sitting or touching the truck".

After the second spill, I was too covered in sugar to want to take any more pictures. You know you had a good Adventure when you are covered in gunk and need a nap when you get home.
2 comments:
Jenny - I am Gala and after reading Kareena's rave review of your blog, I felt inclined to check it out (after all, I have never known Sweet Mama K to be wrong, have you?). Your children are just adorable! We'll have to check out Brenham after your stellar review!
I've never been to Brenham other than to pass it on my way to Austin, I keep thinking I should stop, and now I will! Love ya-
And the previous post, don't be confused, is from my other friend Galadriel, not the Galad you know!
Post a Comment