We've had quite an interesting first week of summer! We've been to the beach a couple of times (that's a post in itself - coming soon) and the kids have been "cooking" a lot, which is what this post is about. We also had our afternoon reading time interrupted by 3 huge orange explosions outside that the firemen (my first time, and hopefully last time, calling 911) and power company determined was caused by a branch falling on a power line. The kids were bawling, and it scared me to death too! The next day we were coming back from getting cupcakes for our Friday Night Fun and got rear-ended. Thankfully we were in slow moving traffic so no one got hurt (and amazingly the kids did NOT bawl!). I was glad we had our Montero because our bumper only got pushed in a little and our extra wheel cover got torn. The Mercedes that hit us didn't fare as well as we did. Anyway, back to my little chefs. . .
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Budding Chefs
Grace has started to get and interest in food too - but she seems to be more of the food artist. The picture on the left is of the fruit salad she took about 1/2 hour to cut and arrange on the plate. The one on the right is of her first dessert creation - blueberries and pecans with chocolate sauce and cinnamon sugar (it was really tasty!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
awe...kids after my own heart. Good work guys! I want some!
This is one of my favorite posts ever. I knew when Collin was a baby and he loved the food network that he was going to be a chef. Watch out Bobby Flay!
Your kids are adorable!!! I love their cooking skills, I loved learning cooking skills from you too-- Remember the cookbook?? Have you taught Colin my famous green tomatoe pie? LOLOLOL
Post a Comment