We had a very all-American, Texan, Pee Wee adventure this weekend. We went to our first ever professional Baseball game. The Houston Astros were playing the Colorado Rockies. We weren't very happy with the outcome of the game - the Astros lost, but at the beginning of the 7th inning, everyone stands up and sings, "The Stars at Night, shine big and bright (clap, clap, clap, clap) . . .". We probably would have never known about this song except for Pee Wee's Big Adventure, but we were glad we did and could sing right along with all the other Texans there.
These baseballs line the entrances to Minute Maid Park so we took advantage of them while waiting for our friend Tom and his daughter Emma to show up.
The sweet potatoes waiting for the game to start.

It got cold towards the end (in the 60's) so Grace and I were sharing our warmth.

It got cold towards the end (in the 60's) so Grace and I were sharing our warmth.
The kids loved watching the game, but I think the highlight for them was eating peanuts (ok, peanut M&M's) and Cracker Jacks . That's why I loved going to games when I was little!! Akshee, I still do!
3 comments:
I am so happy that you took your kids to a baseball game! I know how much you two love sports, so I'm sure it wasn't your favorite thing to do. But, I think peanut M&M's and Cracker Jacks make anything better.
I don't like watching sports on TV, but I like going to them. It was really fun. And if there's food there, of course I'm going to like it!
These photos are so sweet- it looks like you have a great life Yen. Hey it looks like we are moving to Texas! El Paso Texas! are you a little disappointed? Wish we could be closer- but maybe we could visit each other now!
Post a Comment