It's funny looking at our pictures from this trip because they are half food related and the other half beach. I guess because we've been here so many times, we have our stand-bys that we always have to do and then try a few new things. We tried more new restaurants this time so maybe thats why. Here is one of our stand-bys, the real Hukilau Cafe - keeps you full all day.
And we discovered this by watching Hawaii 5-0 right before we left. Jon was beyond excited to go here. I had a stomach bug when we went so I had some udon soup, and sushi and it was the best I've ever had. It was amazing.
Scandinavian and Japanese design are the best. So simple and beautiful! (Sorry for the bad pics but Jon was embarrassed so I couldn't use a flash or let them know I was taking them!)
Here are some of the highlights of the meal. One of Morimoto's most famous dishes - his tuna tartar:
And my Peanut Bomb dessert. Chocolate mousse with a peanut mousse center.
This wasn't new for us, but we haven't been for a few years. So yummy! Afternoon tea at the Surfrider Moana.
Waimanalo beach. Beauty!
This was on the east side. We've stopped here before, but it looked like good snorkeling so we tried it out.
I admit it. I can be a wimp. I don't like the surface of the ocean much and big waves freak me out. When we went to get in, the surf was rough, so while Jon went snorkeling, I stayed on the beach and counted my fortune at having two of my favorite things to look at at the same time- beach and a lighthouse:
In between dives and snacking on fresh cut pineapple. No pictures from the dive because Jon got a GoPro camera before we left so he was video taping our dives. Highly recommend.
View of the East side from the boat.
And a try at a self portrait outside the condo at Punalu'u.



No comments:
Post a Comment