Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dr. Sholls Ruby Slippers

It's amazing what you can find at your local library! Collin spied this book and brought it home. . .



I had no idea where it would take us or what it would do to my house! We only have boring old silver duct tape around the house so we "had" to go buy some colored "DT" for C boy. He made a bunch of things - clip for Graces hair, CD case for Jon and flip flops for himself. ALL out of DT. Well, he figured that if he could make flip flops, he might as well try shoes. No pattern for them, other than a pair of his own shoes to go by. It took him a few hours, including all the pin striping, but every bit of these (minus cardboard for the sole and stuffing for padding) are DT, down to the laces. . .


I can NOT wait to see what this boy is going to do/be for a career!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That is amazing!!

Seth and Libby said...

Wow, now that is cool! I passed some awesome looking duct tape in the store, wondering what I could do with it. I love how determined those Jon Bybees are.

Emily said...

I can't wait either. He is A.Mazing.

Dina Bybee said...

He'll just redesign the whole world! Wow, Collin, those shoes are awesome. I can see myself wear them, my shoe size is 9 ;)

Highlights said...

incredible!

Andrea said...

WOW! Impressive!!!

Sarah said...

Tell Collin we are all in AWE! He's amazing!!