Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Arrow of Light

(I always think that sounds like some New Age Crystal healing organization or something) When a Cub Scout fulfills all the requirements to "graduate" into Boy Scouts, they earn their Arrow of Light award. Without bringing up all the juicy behind-the-scenes antics of his Mother Bear, Collin was able to get his this last week at the Blue and Gold banquet. This is waiting for Jon and I to come up and be a part of the ceremony.

The Sweet Potato (notice the lashing he's done on his glasses? He has stepped on them at least 11 times in the 3 months he's had them. I guess it's good Scout Skills practice!)

Getting his face painted . . .

Smirking at his pals:


"I will not look at the camera . . . I will NOT look at the camera!" Crossing The Bridge into Boy Scouts.

Always the chatty chat-ofilis.

The coveted badge. (Since this is the 100 year anniversary of scouting, they are putting 2010 on everything.)

2 comments:

Emily said...

SO awesome! (I wanted to say cute but didn't want to undermine the "manliness") That picture of him crossing the bridge with you and jon in the background is probably the cutest pic EVER! I LOVE IT! you you and Jon look so cute and proud and jon actually has his real smile on! FRAME IT!

La La Land said...

I can't believe he's old enough to cross the bridge! He looks so cute and I love the photo with you and Jon in the background. You all look so good and happy!