Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Our Girls Getaway

MWAA HHAA HHAAA!! I love a good surprise, and I've had one for about a month now that I had to keep from my mom because . . . Thursday night I flew up "home" to Utah and my sisters and I kidnapped my mom for her 60th birthday. I had planned on having my camera with me to capture her surprise when she saw me and of course I forgot it, but this is almost as good:


We went to my sisters in-laws Condo in Midway and I got to be there for the first snow of the year. Cold weather isn't too bad if you have the right clothes for it, which I did this time!! This is my mom and me. I hope I look that good at 60!! All my sisters are about 6 inches taller than me, but my mom and I are almost the same, but see mom??? The proof is here, I AM taller than you!!


For her birthday dinner we went to the Blue Boar Inn and even though I wasn't very hungry after having gorged myself on Indian food for lunch, still had a delicious soup and salad here. Doesn't it look so inviting?!?



The sisters. We were always around this fireplace - chatting, eating, chatting, snacking, talking about all our favorite show - The Biggest Loser, chatting some more etc. We needed another night for all our chatting.


The sisters with mom.


We played a LOT of games while we chatted . . . and snacked, and talked about the Biggest Loser . . . right across from the fireplace.


We also went shopping at the Park City outlets and it was about 20 degrees, snowing and blowing, but really pretty.

It was so much fun and my only complaint was that it was too short! I love you guys and Happy Birthday Mom!!

2 comments:

SweetmamaK said...

what fun! I'm glad you all get together. You mom is beautiful!

Michelle said...

I'm catching up on your blog and you guys are always up to something! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and I need to get down to Houston one of these days- again if you're ever passing by don't hesitate!