Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Spicy Grilled Shrimp


3 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1/4 c. tomato sauce
2 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil (or about 1 Tbsp. dried)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4-1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (depending on how spicy you want it)
2 lbs shrimp peeled and deveined (I only used about 1 lb.)
skewers

Put all ingredients in a bowl or ziploc and marinate in fridge for at least one hour (I ended up doing it over night). 
Lightly oil grill. Thread shrimp on skewers and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side. 

The original recipe says to discard the marinade, but I cooked it while the shrimp were cooking and we had it over rice. SO tasty! So, I suggest doubling the sauce.  We also used this for tilapia fillets but used lemon juice instead of the vinegar.  This recipe is really easy and one of our new favs. GO TRY IT!!

1 comment:

La La Land said...

I am making this tomorrow and I can't wait!