Well, we survived another year of Cub Scout Day Camp, I think. (I feel like I aged 15 or so years since last June. I don't remember being so tired at the end of Day Camp last year!!) We had a great time, did lot's of fun activities, learned new things and made new friends. Collin was a first year Webelo so he got to do a lot more this year than last. I went as a Webelos session leader, teaching and instructing them in some of their projects and belt loops and Grace got to go as a Sibling again and have fun all day. Let's get on with the pictures . . .
Collin making Mount Guacamole, based on Balanced Rock in Moab, but with much more foliage around it . . .
Grace hogging the "trike" in the Siblings group. (I kept hearing, "Grace it's someone else's turn now!)

See Collin in the middle of the picture? The one in the black hat? (You can click on it to blow it up) This is his reaction when they pulled out the 5 foot rocket at the end of rocket launching. The kid loves explosives!

He loves archery, but doesn't have a great aim, so he gets frustrated. His new best friend Sean is next to him. They were inseparable! We found out at the end that he is LDS too.

BB guns is Collins favorite part of day camp. He got the 2009 Jr. USA Shooting Team Patch by getting 45 points out of 50 on his target.

We can't wait till next year!!
4 comments:
Wow, boys seem like such a different world away from my house of dress-up and drama! That looks like so much fun-- maybe some day we can trade...=) Is this the day camp that you fought for? looks like it was worth it.
I LOVE his reaction to the rocket!!!!
We just went on Thursday! I forgot my camera though so I have to wait for copies from my friend. I liked it because Colby had so much fun--and it looks like you guys did too--I'm so glad! I LOVED the rocket face too!
Great Scout!
I ddin't do day camp this year, but we are headed to Bovay overnight camp, i can't wait, it's just a month away!
Post a Comment