Saturday, January 17, 2009

Our REAL Christmas Present . . .

On Monday morning this will be the sunrise we'll be waking up to. . .  You see, we (Jon and I) have had a secret from the kids for the last few months. On Christmas morning we gave the kids a card that said, "This year we are giving you the gift of memories. Good things come to those who wait." The kids didn't really do much with it other than toss it aside and go on playing with their new toys. Little do they know! Tomorrow morning we are heading to Hawaii for a week (Thanks to really low airfares!). I am SO excited for them! I guess because Jon and I go every year they talk about it ALL the time. Collin has been twice, the first time when he was 2 and the second for Jons brothers wedding when he was almost 5. Grace has been once when she was just a year. I'm hoping that it's going to be as good as I've been hoping!


I think this is a pretty good first anniversary of blogging post, don't you? Hopefully we'll have a few minutes to post while we're gone. 

3 comments:

SweetmamaK said...

Awesome!!! I can't wait to see thep pictures and hear about all the fun.

Highlights said...

ditto on Kareena's comment AND You suck! I'm so jealous! It is 14 degrees here. LOL!

Michelle said...

Are you back already- if you not I hope you are having a wonderful time!